Public Speaking & Confidence
Extinguish the anxieties that hold you back, and conquer your fears around public speaking.
Exploring tried-and-tested techniques and exercises, this course will get you to a place where you can not only enjoy your voice, but fall in love with it. The lessons will work through ten areas of support and a poem, The Voice, which you’ll return to and build with each new technique.
Whether public speaking fills you with a healthy mix of nerves and excitement, or is your worst nightmare, our expertly produced course will provide realistic and easily implemented solutions to whatever is holding you back.
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to how to use The Voice
- Diaphragmatic breathing exercises
- Exercises to strengthen the voice
- Breath-work, body language, articulation, projection, volume, pace, pitch, tone, emphasis and pause
- Feel more confident when speaking in different situations
- How to use The Voice to get your personality across
- Have fun and gain confidence to come across as an expert in your field
This course includes
- Over 70 minutes of on-demand video
- 9 lessons
- 1 downloadable resource
LessonsPutting it All Together
I’ve always felt lacking in confidence in using my voice, so I took the course to get better at everyday speaking and presenting at work meetings. I was really impressed with how much the course packs in! There’s lots of practical advice that’s easy to apply in everyday speaking and the course touches on many aspects of using the voice I hadn’t previously considered.
Emily Dominika Cazamea
Unlock all courses with the emberly membership
emberly is an online learning platform that gives you access to a variety of courses, from yoga and public speaking to qigong and ballet. All our courses are online, and you can watch them at any time, wherever you like.
Teacher and former Drama Academy Principal Nicky is a huge advocate of creative subjects, understanding the benefits aren’t just acting. She is aware of the social impact creative subjects have, and the myriad of skills they can equip people with.
“A presentation is a chance to share, not an oral exam.”